Sunday, August 24, 2008

Destiny's blog 8/24

Considering the fact that I have never flown before in my life, I was slightly petrified on the way to Colorado. However, my fears dissipated when I found myself in one of the largest airports I had ever seen with breathtaking scenery surrounding us.

To be perfectly honest, since I let myself be so afraid on the plane, I was incredibly exhausted when we arrived at the hotel. Regardless, there was no time to waste; within 20 minutes, we were out the door and on the E train heading for downtown Denver. To anyone who has never been to Denver, I want to emphasize the beauty that envelops you when you hop off the train. It is bustling with life and excitement and when we found ourselves at the Convention Center, it was no different. Students from all over the country dressed in their Sunday best seemed to crawl out of the woodwork to introduce themselves to everyone.

Needless to say, it was a very interesting and somewhat stressful day. The flight and the day seemed never ending, but just being in the city and anticipating the many things we will experience is overwhelming.

No comments: