Friday, August 29, 2008

Kendrick's Blog 8/29

Mystery, Alaska

On Thursday, I attended the closing night at Invesco Field at Mile High with an estimated 84,000 others.

On Friday, the GOP attempted to outdo the Democratic Party by naming Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska as the vice president nominee. Palin has been governor for less than two years.

Throughout this campaign season, Senator John McCain’s entourage has claimed that Senator Barack Obama is too young and inexperienced. I wonder if they can locate “hypocritical” in Webster’s New Millennium Dictionary of English.

Obama included specifics in his speech and told supporters that he is ready for battle. He is clearly the champion of the people in this election because of how out of touch the Republican candidate from Arizona is.

McCain has said, “The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should. I've got Greenspan's book.” He has also said, “I am learning to get online myself, and I will have that down fairly soon, getting on myself. I don't expect to be a great communicator, I don't expect to set up my own blog, but I am becoming computer literate to the point where I can get the information that I need.”

With 67 days remaining until Election Day, it should be interesting to see the new advertisements and attacks by both parties.

After speeches by Al Gore, Bill Richardson, and the children of Martin Luther King, Jr. among others, Obama accepted the party’s nomination. After his speech, a song from the Remember The Titans soundtrack was heard by the crowd. After Palin was named the GOP’s choice, a song from the Rudy soundtrack was played.

All the candidates need are helmets and shoulder pads because it seems they are preparing for a brawl for it all.

KB

No comments: