Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Every day we find new surprises

Everyday we find new surprises. Each day better than the last, you never know who or what is around the corner or at the next event you are attending.Tuesday morning was by far the best morning of my life. I had to wake up at 5:15 in the morning after a late night with the Kentucky Democratic Party at the ESPN Zone. A long walk to the train and then the long train ride which was so full that we had to stand up the whole time. The girls and I finally got downtown and to the Hilton Garden Inn to have breakfast with the KDP. The guys had went the day before and gave us a low down on how it was. We went and sat down with the event about to start the food was gross and the coffee terrible, but I would have not wanted to had been anywhere else at that time. Small talking to the delegates at are table trying to see if we could score some tickets to the Pepsi Center for later in the night.

Bruce Lunsford candidate for U.S. Senate graced us with his presence. Speaker of the House Jody Richards a couple of tables in front of us had also made it to the Denver area the day before. As the event started Jennifer Moore who is the Kentucky Democratic Party Chair started to speak and as I looked I sawthe Democratic Chairman and Vermont’s own Governor Howard Dean. I felt star struck which I have a habit of doing when in the presence of people that I really look up to. I quickly reached for my camera and got up from my seat to take pictures of Howard Dean. Howard Dean told us that we needed to get more people to back Obama and how historical this year was. Dean also pointed out that even with Obama in office he can’t do everything alone, that we as the party need to work the local and state candidates and make sure they get elected to start change. Dean also made the point that 24 years of McConnell is to long and it is crucial to take down the powerful McConnell. With morning politics brewing in the room the main subject for the morning was Labor Unions. A man from the Union spoke about how important Unions were and how about 75% of the union workers vote democrat.

After the great breakfast with the KDP we stayed around and talked more to the delegates, and signing up to try and get tickets to the Pepsi Center, but were unsuccessful. Overall Tuesday was one of the best mornings of my life.

ARB

No comments: