Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sarah's blog 8/24

I personally have never been to a big city, I was confined to the small town of Shelbyville Kentucky and when I arrived yesterday in Denver, Colorado I was absolutely amazed. As we flew into the airport the view of the mountains and a city that blanketed the ground below was breathtaking. I was only able to enjoy this peaceful scenery for a split second because once we got off the plane we were off and running.

Within the first hour we were on the light rail making our way downtown. I was in the midst of a culture shock when we got off the train; it was something straight out of the movies. Nothing but tall buildings lined the streets, people were playing guitars and flutes and it was if Denver was putting on a captivating show for just me. The Convention center was also in a buzz I had never seen so many young people so excited to be in one place. I am in love with this city and the hustle and bustle of every aspect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I get goose bumps just reading this. Tell us more about the sights and the city.