Saturday, September 6, 2008

Get Ready Cause Here We Come

That is my announcement to the rest of America, because I feel like all four of us are so fired up we feel like we can accomplish anything! After being in an environment where everyone is so excited and energized you can't help but begin to feel the same way. I can now admit that I am actually a democrat, Yes, that's right. I voted for Hillary in the primary. I am still a little bitter it is Obama and not Hillary as the Democratic Nominee. But--I can honestly say, I am going to vote for McCain/Palin in November 2008. I was unsure before I came to the convention who I was going to vote for. And I really do consider myself a Moderate, able to see both sides on different issues, which is why I didn't care which convention I went to, and I just so happen to end up at the RNC. Now, I will say though I will be watching the debates very closely and that's not to say my opinion can't change before Novemeber, but I was very impressed with Sarah Palin. The fact that she is a women pushed my decision to the right side more than anything, but I just have good vibes from her. I like her. But I must say this was one of the best experiences I have ever had in my life. I learned so much about politics, politicians and my love for them both. I wouldn't have wanted to go on this trip with anyone else than Kaylee, Shane and John. We all got along really well and genuinely enjoyed each others company. I loved the conversations we had about politics, analyzing the speeches on the bus ride home, what we wanted to do with our lives after college and our point of views on multiple issues. Most of the time we didn't agree, but we all respected each other and listened to the other's opinion. Thank you'll for that. I am rarely around people that respect opinions other than their own. And the biggest thanks goes to Dr. Lasley. Not only did he make sure I didn't get hit by cars/buses/light rails, he added historical information to almost every place we went. He knew what needed to be said at just the right time. He allowed us to be independent and gave us our space, but was right there with us every step of this trip. Again--I can't emphasize how informative/educational/enjoyable this trip was. Thank you to all who made it possible for us to attend and have a great time. I already can't wait for four more years to go by and go to the convention again!
Right before we board the plane on our way home with Mitch McConnell. We all have on our favorite political shirt we bought while on our trip.

AH

No comments: