Saturday, September 6, 2008

Convention Joy!

Well, we are back in Bowling Green now, but I am still very excited about all the activities I got to take part in this past week.
The convention hall was packed Thursday night for John McCain’s speech. Leading up to his speech, there was still a lot of excitement for Sarah Palin, but when Cindy McCain started to speak, without script in front of her, John McCain became the focal point. His speech was fantastic and one that should go down in history. His love for America and contentment with who he is and who he is working for, the people of America, are all traits that must be admired. I couldn’t agree with my mom more: after that speech how could anyone vote for Barack Obama over John McCain. I know many people will disagree with me, but I am prepared to convince everyone to vote for the McCain/Palin ticket.
Oh, and to get the night started on the right foot, I found Mike Huckabee and got my picture with him :) The week couldn’t have ended any better than a picture with the former governor and the McCain speech.
The trip was more than I expected and I think I could talk about it for the next 10 hours. Even the flight home was eventful, as we found ourselves on the same flight as Senator McConnell.
I hope everyone reading this blog is taking the time to see who the man John McCain is, and realizing the confidence we can put in him as our next President.
Professor Lasley presented me with an opportunity of a lifetime and I’d like to thank him for letting us learn in this manner. And to everyone else who helped plan and create this trip, thanks as well. I know that for the next few weeks, I will be smiling because of this past week.

No comments: